Read-at-Home Letter to Parents
Welcome to the new school year. We will be doing our Read-At-Home Program again this year. It has shown to be successful in the past and we hope that you will continue to support our program. This is how it works.
1. The student reads or is read to for at least 15 minutes each night.
2. The parent or another adult fills out the reading slip.
3. The student passes the reading slip in the next school day.
4. .The teacher marks the slip off on a chart.
5. At the end of each month, the reading slips are counted. If there are 10 or more, the student receives a gift certificate for $2.00 off on the next classroom book order.
6. At the end of the year all reading slips are counted and students who have accumulated the most amount of reading slips for the year win additional prizes.
Students can pass in only one slip a day. If they forget to pass one in, they cannot pass in two the next day. Holidays and weekends do not count. A Friday slip will be counted on the following Monday or next school day.
If you have any questions, please contact your classroom teacher. Thank you, for helping us, by encouraging your child to read.
Bay Ridge Staff